13 January 2011

Elemis’ Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow

A run of illness, busyness and generally not looking after myself has left me looking a bit shabby. The bits everyone can see - hair, face, hands, haven't done too badly, but the rest of me...well it's an embarrassment.

So, a plan of action:

1) To shed a few pounds. I must stop eating biscuits.
2) To tone up. I went to yoga this week and I'm doing a 5 mile walk with friends tomorrow.
3) To scrub up. I need to start using a fabulous body scrub!

Lounging in a luxurious bath is not enough for my sorry-for-itself skin, I need buffing up! Enter Elemis' Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow.

Unlike similar products it doesn't separate before use, so you don't have to stir it before sticking your hand in. Take just a small amount in your hands and rub it onto your body (be careful not to drop great blobs of it in the bath like I did the first time - oh the waste!). It smells divine, has a salty, yet oily feel and does wonders for your skin. Pay extra attention to knees and elbows, but rub it all over for silky soft skin.

It contains three oils, Kukui Oil which has restructuring properties as well as sought-after anti-ageing and softening virtues, Japanese Camellia Oil which is easily absorbed into the skin to nourish and condition and is rich in plant collagen and Jojoba Oil to moisturise and regenerate the skin.

Add to that lime peel and ginger (which is subtle, I'm not a big fan of the smell usually), plus the essential sea salt for making the scrub, well scrubby, and you've got yourself a fab product. Plus is comes in a glamorous red tub, which will brighten up any bathroom.

£35.80 for a 410g tub, which look set to last for months. Buy via Time to Spa, or from Elemis counters.

No comments: