15 November 2010

Elemis Instant Refreshing Gel


I was sent this product a year or so ago by Elemis, and to be honest, didn't really know what to do with it.

Last weekend I was (rather stupidly) running down a steep muddy hill wearing a pair of wedge boots. It's the sort of thing you do when you've got a seven year old (well maybe not the wedge boots, but I don't wear flats). Anyway, I fell and twisted my ankle, ouch. And I felt like a fool.

At home that evening it was really hurting, and a couple of paracetamol didn't really help. Then I remembered this product. It contains arnica, witch hazel and birch and Elemis say 'it is perfect for tired legs and muscle tension'. I applied a thin layer and it really helped. It cooled down the whole area AND helped the pain. I used it morning and night for a few more days and I'm sure it really helped my sore ankle get better faster.

Now at £27 it's a little pricey to have in your first aid kit. But it has many others uses including cooling your legs on long haul flights, to soothe aching muscles after exercise, or to help relax at bedtime.

Instant Refreshing Gel is available online at Time to Spa, or from your usual Elemis counters.

No comments: