15 February 2011

Boo Boo Velvet Hands


Boo Boo is one of my nicknames for my little girl. Let me explain. She's called Bonnie, which became Bonnie Boo (due to her resemblance to Boo in Monsters Inc),  which turned into Boo Boo. Daft, but it works. So when I heard of a range of products called Boo Boo I was keen to find out more.

Boo Boo is a 'mummy and baby range'; it's free of parabens, sulphates, TEA, petrochemicals, synthetic colours, PEGS and DEA, so it's pure and natural stuff.

The range now includes a hand wash and hand cream, which not only smell gorgeous, but do a fab job of keeping my hard working hands clean and soft.

Key ingredients include marshmallow root extract, white water lily and centella - a herb that's claimed to firm and strengthen the skin. It's all good stuff, and I've enjoyed testing them.

The trouble is although I'm a mum, I'm not really a 'mummy' any more. My girl is going to be eight soon, and I'm soooo over anything that looks like it's been designed for parents. These are great products, but I'm stumped as to why they've been packaged up like nappy cream.

I'm a sucker for hand washes and hand creams. But if it's going to be out on display in my house, then I like it to look good. Currently on display in my kitchen you'll find the classic Neils Yard blue glass bottles, so you'll get where I'm coming from. So although I love these products, for me they lose out on aesthetics. However if you're a yummy mummy you'd be a fool not to invest in some because my hands really are beautifully soft since I've been testing them. Plus my daughter thinks it's very cool that there are products names after her.

Boo Boo Velvet Hands (£10.99) and Velvet Hand Wash (£9.99) are available from Harrods, Wholefoods or online at www.boobooshop.com

No comments: