8 October 2010

Miracle product: Eve Lom Dynaspot


I've spent most of my life searching for the ultimate spot zapper. And now, at the grand old age of 39, I think I've found it.

It was a random purchase. I forgot my cleanser on a weekend away (dur) and popped into Space NK to get some Eve Lom as a stop gap. Like most of us I get break outs at the worst possible time, and I could already feel that I was likely to wake up with a huge spot the next day. So when I noticed there was now an Eve Lom spot product, I thought it was worth a punt.

The ingredients aren't particularly revolutionary, they include tea tree oil, salicylic acid and zinc oxide plus herby things like yarrow extract, fennel, camomile and balm mint. You apply it and then let it dry, and it leaves a white/pink crusty layer on your skin (a bit like calomine lotion). Not pretty. The instructions claim you can brush this layer gently off and apply make-up over the top, but I've found this a little messy. However as an overnight spot treatment it's totally amazing. Apply and leave to dry, then if you get chance apply a second layer. Seriously, spots are gone, or at least majorly reduced, by the next morning.

I used to use Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion, which shrinks spots but leaves dry patches on my skin. But this Eve Lom product is so, so much better. Pricey at £18.50, but well worth it for the results.

No comments: