21 October 2010

Paula's Choice Slip Into Silk Body Lotion


For as long as I've been writing about beauty products, Paula's Begoun's book Don't Go To The Beauty Counter Without Me has been sitting on my desk.

It's a bible for the beauty industry, containing no-nonsense reviews of thousands of cosmetic and skincare products. Paula cuts to the chase, summing up the strengths and weaknesses of each brand and then going into product by product detail. She is the goddess of beauty product reviews.

It's an American book (mine is, there may be a UK version) but most of the products are also available in the UK, and she covers British brands like Boots and Rimmel London.

However, what I didn't know if that Paula's own range of products is available in the UK. After a chat on Twitter (she's @PaulasChoice), I'm now using Paula's Choice Slip Into Silk Body Lotion every day.

I'm not a big fan of body creams, I hate how many of them either have a strong perfume or a medicinal smell, and I can't bear the sticky feeling they leave behind. I'm also lazy, and as body creams are for bits of my body that are usually covered up, I just can't be bothered. But boy does my body need them, especially now the weather has got so chilly.

This cream doesn’t contain any fragrance, but it's natural ingredients give it a very subtle smell which is really lovely. What I love most about it is that one minute after applying it and it's totally vanished. There's not a hint of residue or stickiness, but my skin feels healthy and soft.

It also contains antioxidants, so I can feel smug that I'm doing my skin long term good, not just smoothing over the cracks.

The Paula's Choice range contains a huge variety of products, I've also got the Lip Exfoliant and Lip Recovery Balm, which I'll test soon.

Slip Into Silk Body Lotion is £16.75 from Paula's Choice UK




No comments: