26 October 2010

Philip Kingsley Re-Moisurizing range


Regular readers will know all about the trouble I have with my dry hair. If you don't, read these posts and you be up-to-date.
Help My Hair Is Broken
War of the Hair Oils
Elasticizer review

After reading my rather sad review of Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer, the lovely PR people sent me some more from the range to try and prove me wrong :) So this week I've been testing the Re-Moistuizing range, as well as Elasticizer Extreme.

I've always stayed away from moisturising shampoo, as it never makes my hair feel really clean. There's only one thing worse than dry hair, and that's oily roots and dry rest-of-hair. So I tend to use a balancing shampoo and then a rich moisturiser.

But I've used both the shampoo and conditioner in this range and I was pretty impressed. Lovely fresh smell, and my hair is definitely softer after using them. However after a few days (I wash my hair every day) I did find my roots were slightly greasy, so I suspect that the Moisture Balancing shampoo may be better suited to my hair.

However, I'm still not convinced by Elasticizer (Extreme in this case). I know, I know, it's a cult product, but I'm just not seeing the results I'd expect with it. I've used it in the shower, I've used it as a special treatment and wrapped my head in the shower cap for 20mins, and although softer, my hair is no better than after 5 mins with either the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque or Moroccan Intense Hydrating Mask. So I'll stick with those until I find a true miracle product.

If you've got dry hair and never get greasy roots, I'd recommend the Philip Kingsley Re-Moistuizing range, you can find them online here.

No comments: